Friday, November 13, 2015

Side Trip

The original plan for the 2 week hiatus was to fly my wife in for a week or so and go to a resort somewhere and relax. At the last minute we decided that we would take a Carribean Cruise. So on Friday, Oct 30 I flew to Mexico City and spent the night before catching a flight at 5 am to Miami and then to Puerto Rico to board the Royal Carribean ship Adventurer of the Seas! The flight to Mexico City was uneventful....This was my first time on Aero Mexico. I have to tell you that I was impressed with how clean the inside of the plane was. This plane was not new by any stretch of the imagination but the inside was spotless
That carpet looked brand new. The flight to Mexico City only took 1 hour. With about 30 minutes left I looked outside and saw this...
I asked the flight attendant what city that was....Mexico City. We traveled for another 30 minutes and all I saw was one big mass of humaniity!
The whole time we were in San Jose Del Cabo and our current marina I had only seen 3 or 4 police officers. In the 20 minutes it took the cab driver to go the 4 miles to my hotel in Mexico City I saw at least 2000 police officers from different departments...it was like nothing I had ever seen. Triche and I finally met up in San Juan, PR about 5 pm on Saturday, Oct 31st (our 28th wedding anniversary). and took a cab to the boat. Our Island stops included; St Thomas, St Croix, Antiqua, St Lucia, and Martinique. We had a great relaxing time and met some really nice people. Here are a couple of pictures
We had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment