Friday, November 13, 2015

Beer Post #1

One of my goals for this trip was to try as many of the local beers as I could find. Here are pictures of the ones that I had not tried before.
The first three were pretty good...light and refreshing....the third one, Carib--was my least favorite of those three. The last two stand out for very different reasons! First the Bad.. The Virgin Islands Summer Ale was pretty much undrinkable. Think Blue Moon with a lot more hose pipe taste...(ass)! If you are a Blue Moon drinker you might like this...I do not like Blue Moon----Man Rule # 268 "Do not fruit the beer"! Piton on the other hand is Lager Perfected! This beer is brewed on St Lucia and the people there are very proud of it...as well they should be. I REALLY like this beer. If you ever get a chance to try it don't miss out...Easily in my top 5 beers all time and proabably my #1 Lager!

4 comments:

  1. You and Al should get together, he is a beer connoisseur extraordinaire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well from what I understand we will be getting together on the eastern side of the Panama Canal. Should be a great time. Looking forward to having both of you on board.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear he makes a great pitcher of bloody Mary's as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see all y'all and swill some good local beers! And I could easily be persuaded to concoct a pitcher of Bloody Mary's! Ha Ha!

    ReplyDelete